Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

RAD tool giving error when try to add a navigation property #12420


User avatar
0
Prasanthtp created

I use MVC and jQuery project (latest version 14.1). I face an issue with powerTools. when I click on regenerate on an entity with navigation properties it is giving me following error

Log

*ERROR 2025-04-06 05:35:11,788 [1 ] ToolVisualStudioExtension.Helpers.Logger - Couldn't load information of the entity!

Details: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.EnsureValue(JToken value) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.op_Explicit(JToken value) at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.Dialogs.EntityLoaders.EntityLoaderFromJson.GetNavigationProperties(JArray jNavProps) in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\Dialogs\EntityLoaders\EntityLoaderFromJson.cs:line 212 at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.Dialogs.EntityLoaders.EntityLoaderFromJson.Build(String entityJsonFileContent, Entity entity) in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\Dialogs\EntityLoaders\EntityLoaderFromJson.cs:line 40 at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.AspNetZeroRadTool.MenuItemCallback(Boolean loadFromJson, Boolean loadFromDatabase, Boolean showAboutForm) in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadTool.cs:line 172*

Similarly, when I try to generate an entity, I am getting an error. When I click on add new navigation property It gives the following error

and the select your entity dropdown is empty

Log is below;

ERROR 2025-04-06 05:38:31,818 [1 ] ToolVisualStudioExtension.Helpers.Logger - Unable to find entities in the solution

Details: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.EnsureValue(JToken value) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.op_Explicit(JToken value) at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.Dialogs.EntityLoaders.EntityLoaderFromJson.GetNavigationProperties(JArray jNavProps) in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\Dialogs\EntityLoaders\EntityLoaderFromJson.cs:line 212 at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.Dialogs.EntityLoaders.EntityLoaderFromJson.Build(String entityJsonFileContent, Entity entity) in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\Dialogs\EntityLoaders\EntityLoaderFromJson.cs:line 40 at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.Dialogs.Providers.EntityProvider.GetGeneratedEntities() in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\Dialogs\Providers\EntityProvider.cs:line 314 at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.Dialogs.Providers.EntityProvider.StoreAllEntitiesDefinitionsInSolution(Boolean clearListBeforeInsert, String directory) in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\Dialogs\Providers\EntityProvider.cs:line 103 at AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension.Dialogs.ForeignKeySelectionForm.PopulateEntityCombobox(Boolean clearListBeforeInsert, String directory) in D:\GitHub\aspnet-zero-rad\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\AspNetZeroRadToolVisualStudioExtension\Dialogs\ForeignKeySelectionForm.cs:line 56

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

3 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    Hi @Prasanthtp

    Thank you for your feedback. I have created an issue for this problem. You can track the progress here. We will provide a solution as soon as possible. Have a great day!

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    mittera created

    Hi @Prasanthtp

    Thank you for your feedback. I have created an issue for this problem. You can track the progress here. We will provide a solution as soon as possible. Have a great day!

    I am having the same problem.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    Hi

    Thank you for your feedback. We have resolved this issue. A new version of Power Tools will be released soon.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)