Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

Front-end 14.1 problem on IIS serwer #12464


User avatar
0
flaskone created

Hi, I have a problem with the new front-end version 14.1 of Angular on my IIS server. I installed the "clean" version without my code on IIS. I noticed that the file structure changed after the build was executed:

All JS scripts are inside the browser folder.

When I try to connect to this server from my computer on the surface, everything looks fine, but not quite.

When I execute refresh (CTRL+R) :

On the IIS server, I changed the web.config :

and the web page (IIS) is set:

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

4 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    flaskone created

    Now, I have added in IIS Server Role: WebSocket Protocol, and the problem with console errors disappears.

    But the CTRL+R problem remained.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    Hi @flaskone

    We are glad you solved the console errors. After refreshing the page, for the 404 error, did you perform the Url Rewrite operation in the note section under the "Angular Application Publishing" heading in the Deployment-Angular-Publish-IIS document? This may solve your problem.

    Related Note:

    Note: One important thing is that; Angular uses client side routing. If you refresh a page (F5) then IIS will handle the request and will not find the requested path and returns a HTTP 404 error. We should configure IIS to redirect all requests to the index.html page (or, to the root path). At the same time, IIS needs to install the URL Rewrite module, please refer to https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite

    Assuming that the change has been applied, could you verify whether the issue still occurs after configuring the Rewrite action with '/' as the URL? Can you also update the physical path to be based on the project directory?

    What I mean here is that you may need to update the project files so that they are located in the FlaskOneAngularTest folder. There is no need for the browser folder. All files inside the browser folder should be moved into FlaskOneAngularTest.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    As in the example

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    flaskone created

    Thank you, Moving all the files from the browser catalog to the root catalog of the website and setting rewrite from web.config to the main catalog resolved the problem

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)