Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

ERROR: Method 'Identifier' in type 'Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Design.Internal.CSharpHelper' #12558


User avatar
0
JoaoDaMota created

Hello, I've downloaded the most recent version (v14.3.0) of ASP.NET CORE & Angular, and it's showing the error above when applying migrations via Package Manager Console. I've seen other tickets with similar problem, but the solutions in those tickets haven't worked for me. Can you help me, please?

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

4 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    Hi @JoaoDaMota

    This issue occurs because the HealthChecks package uses an older version of the Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Design package. When performing migration operations, you should select the .*EntityFrameworkCore project as the Default Project in the Package Manager Console and also set it as the Startup Project.

    Another option is to install the Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Design package at the top level of the web project you are using.

    If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    JoaoDaMota created

    Hi, I did select the .*EntityFrameworkCore project as the Default Project in the Package Manager Console and also set it as the Startup Project. And still it doesn't work.

    So, I'm going to give it a try to the second option, to install the Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Design package at the top level of the web project.

    Which projects (screenshot attached) should I install it on? And what version should I install?

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    Hi @JoaoDaMota

    In Web.Core, Web.Host, Web.Public projects, you need to install the 9.0.8 version, which will be the same as the package version in EntityFrameworkCore.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    JoaoDaMota created

    Thank you. It worked.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)