Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

Disable Database Migrations #188


User avatar
0
clientfocusdev created

After importing the migrations from Zero, I need to manually make the EF model and have it not update my database.

Running a working Zero install after my model changes and I got

System.InvalidOperationException: The model backing the 'DbContext' context has changed since the database was created. Consider using Code First Migrations to update the database (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=238269).

I cannot chance migrating into my existing schema. I've had this before in other APB projects and added,

Database.SetInitializer<DbContext>(null);

into the DbContext constructor.

Now I am stuck with an error,

System.ApplicationException: Filter name MustHaveTenant not found

Do I need to create a custom DbInitializer that deals with these new Zero Filters?

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

3 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    hikalkan created
    Support Team

    Hi,

    I just added

    Database.SetInitializer<TestProjDbContext>(null);
    

    to PreInitialize method of DataModule class and it worked.

    Have you overrided OnModelCreating or Initialize methods of your DbContext also? If so, call base methods as first line.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    clientfocusdev created

    <cite>hikalkan: </cite>

    Have you overrided OnModelCreating or Initialize methods of your DbContext also? If so, call base methods as first line.

    That was it, thank you so much. Great support as always.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    hikalkan created
    Support Team

    You're welcome :)

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)