Power tools crashes Visual Studio when updating an entity property in the latest version #6645
This morning I downloaded the latest Visual Studio update (version 15.9.9). When editing one of my Entities I noticed that using the Power Tools caused Visual Studio to crash when updating one of the entity's attributes.
Steps to reproduce:
- Download an unmodified Asp.Net Zero repository for Asp.Net Core + Angular (Angular not included in Asp.Net Core Solution)
- Use Asp.Net Zero Power Tools to Create Entity with a single property (turned off adding and applying database migration for convenience)
- Use Asp.Net Zero Power Tools to Regenerate Entity, and select the entity just created.
- Update the property of the entity, for example by renaming it.
- When you close the update property popup window, Visual Studio crashes and reboots. (note that this is before I get to push the generate button)
The installed Power Tools extension has version 184.108.40.206
For the time being I get around the issue by deleting the original entity and all code generated and creating fresh entities instead of regenerating them. (we are setting up a new project).
Kind regards, Roel van Happen