Open Closed

Mobile Androind app: 'stream was reset: PROTOCOL_ERROR' #8439


0
tinytownsoftware created

I just finished writing the Android application. Everything is working fine with the localhost server. I changed the ApiUrlConfig.DefaultHostUrl const to point to my live website (previously it was localhost). Then I ran it in the emulator in Debug mode, but got the above exception. I'm not sure why it would do that. The website itself works just fine. Here is the full stack. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I am running it in Debug mode in the emulator?

{Java.IO.IOException: stream was reset: PROTOCOL_ERROR at ModernHttpClient.NativeMessageHandler.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00428] in /Users/paul/code/paulcbetts/modernhttpclient/src/ModernHttpClient/Android/OkHttpNetworkHandler.cs:135 at BalanceForecasting.ApiClient.AuthenticationHttpHandler.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00037] in C:\Users\Robert\Documents\BalanceForecastingZero\src\BalanceForecasting.Application.Client\ApiClient\AuthenticationHttpHandler.cs:29 --- End of managed Java.IO.IOException stack trace --- java.io.IOException: stream was reset: PROTOCOL_ERROR at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.spdy.SpdyStream.getResponseHeaders(SpdyStream.java:145) at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.SpdyTransport.readResponseHeaders(SpdyTransport.java:104) at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.HttpEngine.readNetworkResponse(HttpEngine.java:830) at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.HttpEngine.access$200(HttpEngine.java:95) at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.HttpEngine$NetworkInterceptorChain.proceed(HttpEngine.java:823) at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.http.HttpEngine.readResponse(HttpEngine.java:684) at com.squareup.okhttp.Call.getResponse(Call.java:272) at com.squareup.okhttp.Call$ApplicationInterceptorChain.proceed(Call.java:228) at com.squareup.okhttp.Call.getResponseWithInterceptorChain(Call.java:199) at com.squareup.okhttp.Call.access$100(Call.java:34) at com.squareup.okhttp.Call$AsyncCall.execute(Call.java:162) at com.squareup.okhttp.internal.NamedRunnable.run(NamedRunnable.java:33) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764) }


6 Answer(s)
  • 0
    tinytownsoftware created

    Changing the Azure http version for my website from 2 to 1.1 fixed the problem. It seems the latest version of Flurl does not support http2, which is very odd. Do you guys have a different version of AbpApiClient.cs that does not use Flurl? Maybe HttpClient?

  • 0
    alper created
    Support Team
    • What's your AspNet Zero version? (if an old one, you can download the latest to see the problem occurs on the new version)
    • Is your website hosted on Azure?
    • Does your website use HTTPS?
    • Is it just happening on the emulator? (try on real device to narrow problems)
  • 0
    rdcinformatics created

    AspNetZero version 8.0.0 Website is hosted on Windows Server 2019 and uses HTTPS It happens on the emulator and on real device

  • 0
    alper created
    Support Team

    sometimes self signed HTTPS certificates occur this issue. can you send us your website URL to support@aspnetzero.com

  • 0
    tinytownsoftware created

    No, it is an issue with Flurl specifically not supporting Http 2.0. Once I change the Azure website back to Http 1.1, everything works fine. So I will just use 1.1 for now.

  • 0
    ashvinu created

    Hello. I'm having the same issue with ASP.Net Zero version 8.1.0 with ASP.Net core MVC & JQuery. I have sent my app url and all details to support@aspnetzero.com yesterday and is still waiting for a response. Please assist.

    Thanks and Regards Kirtee