Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

Send email - Display name #11275


User avatar
0
visility created

v 11.1.0

When sending mail it does not seem to use the specified display name:

I use this helper function:

What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

3 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    ismcagdas created
    Support Team

    Hi @visility

    As I can see, you are directly using .NET's MailMessage. If you want to use the configuration you made on settings page, you should use IEmailSender interface and send the email via its implementation.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    visility created

    hi I just send you an test email from settingspane, and I guess it does not show the display name either? And I do use the emailsender:

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    ismcagdas created
    Support Team

    Hi,

    Sorry, it is my mistake. Could you create an issue on https://github.com/aspnetzero/aspnet-zero-core ? We will check it deeply.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)