Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

QR Login Not Working #12572


User avatar
0
gerryp created

I am using asp.net zero v14.3. I have enabled QR Logins and when I am using the desktop browser, the QR code appears next to the login controls. I have tried scanning the QR Code with both Google Authenticator and the iPhone 17 Camera, and neither works.

With Google Authenticator it says, "Can't scan this QR Code". With iPhone 17 iOS v26 it scans the QR code then puts me in google search with what is clearly a very long token.

I'm guessing that it is not correctly prefixing the token with a URL, but I'm not sure.

Can somebody tell me what's wrong?

Thanks.

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

1 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    Hi @gerryp

    The QR code shown on the login page for QR Login in ASP.NET Zero is not intended to be scanned by Google Authenticator or the native phone camera app. It is specifically designed to be scanned by the ASP.NET Zero MAUI mobile application, which includes a built-in QR scanner feature for this purpose.

    When a user scans this QR code from the MAUI app (after being logged in there), the app sends a secure token to the web application, which then authenticates the user on the browser automatically.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)